Paul Boutsen works as a ‘producer and inspirator’ of cultural projects. He often chooses projects that require a cross section through various structures and that are rather complex and innovative.
- COALFACE, production and presentation label for photography and media on the identity of mining regions worldwide.
- MINING & MORE, alternative regional exploration and tourism in the Mining Region, based on the experiences of witnesses and the authentic history of the coal mines.
- CONTAINER001, a shipping container transformed into an art gallery has been touring Europe since 2014 to campaign for a creative rlole of industrial heritage in regional development. container001.com
- COALMINE RE-CYCLING, producer for an artistic research by photographer Leo van der Kleij along the past-present-future line of resilience in the Western European mining areas. www.coalminerecycling.eu
- DE KONING TE RIJK, feasibility study and production of a landscape image defining artwork by miner Stefan Elsen for the Zolder mine slagheap.
- Publication: ‘Tijd voor Actie !?’, a plea for an activation of the mining heritage in Limburg as a developmental factor. Download here.
- Kolenspoorfestival (coaltrack festival) 1998 and 2006
- Funfair Paradiso. Unique old-fashioned funfair attractions ‘from before the war’. Perfect for decoration or attraction at events, festivals and corporate parties.kermisparadiso.be